- Can’t fault either Ngani or Jordie. Heck of a cauldron to make your first start in
- Owen Farrell can kick. And Elliot Daly has a heck of right boot. And speaking of kickers why Beaudie over Jordie?
- For team that considered the scrum as one of their main weapons, the Lions were second best in that facet tonight. Exhibit A was Wyatt Crockett schooling Kyle Sinckler under his own posts
- If Brodie Retallick can win World Player of the Year so can Maro Itoje, he’s that good. Why didn’t he start the First Test?
- No one questions Johnny Sexton’s heart, but the Lions would have been better served with someone with two good legs
- Space is an important thing in the modern game, not sure Mr Poite & Co gave either side much tonight
- Pressure is a funny thing. The All Black’s could have been out of sight if better decisions were made and 50/50s not forced
- Aaron Smith was terrific, as was Jerome Kaino bar the yellow card
- Beauden did Beauden things. Its just what we expect now
- How crucial was the defence on the line from the AB’s in the early going? And the Lions to chase down after the intercept
- Jonathan Davies was immense for the tourists. As were Conor Murray and Itoje
- What has happened to Sam Whitelock? Its like his form has fallen off a cliff
- We were worried about depth at hooker behind Dane Coles. Codie Taylor showed he’s not far behind
- Roman Poite had the last ‘penalty’ right the first time, and only he will know why he talked himself out of it on the walk back to the mark after confirming with the TMO
- AB’s had the best of the first half, the Lions the second.
- The whole tour has been terrific. Do we really have to wait 12 years for the next?
Follow Scott on Twitter