- This is the first ICC Cricket World Cup semi-final between these teams. Previous World Cup knockout stage matches have produced one win apiece (Australia won the 2003 final, India a quarter-final in 2011).
- Australia have won their last 12 completed One Day Internationals on home soil.
- Aaron Finch has been the subject of six LBW appeals in the tournament, more than anyone else – his dismissal against Pakistan was the first time in 28 dismissals that he fell LBW.
- Shane Watson is one of two players to score at least 500 World Cup runs at an average of at least 50 and a strike rate of 100+ (AB de Villiers is the other).
- Glenn Maxwell has scored 77 runs from the 54 balls Ravichandran Ashwin has bowled to him in ODIs, hitting four boundary fours and seven sixes. He has been dismissed once.
- Maxwell (30.5%) has the lowest dot ball percentage in the tournament, minimum 50 balls faced – he has hit 301 runs from 164 balls
- Rohit Sharma has hit 124 runs from the 108 balls James Faulkner has bowled to him in ODIs, without being dismissed.
- Mohammed Shami (69%) and Mitchell Starc (68%) have the two highest dot ball percentages in the tournament, minimum 50 balls bowled.
- Mitchell Starc has the lowest ODI bowling average (17.4) and strike rate (22.5) in Australia, minimum 50 wickets taken.