- The tradition of New Zealand referees letting the All Black captain get away with all sorts of stuff at domestic level predates Richie McCaw. And it is alive and well in 2020.
- Warrenball. It works when you have a dominant forward pack and blindside flankers running it up in the midfield. Super Rugby Aotearoa is not really like that.
- Add to the list of things New Zealanders can not agree on is how many metres a long-distance penalty is. Maths and geometry people.
- Jordie Barrett offered more than that though. He spent a lot of time in the first half especially at first receiver to mix up the predictable shovel-it-on approach of Jackson Garden-Bachop. That opened up more space for Laumape too, who had his best game of the year.
- With the rise of Will Jordan it’s a tough time for Damian MacKenzie who’s suffering the third season syndrome.
- Du’Plessis Kirifi confirmed his Future All Black status today, and you wonder if that was a factor in outplayed Cane’s shabby late elbow.
- All the best Naitoa Ah Kuoi. The finger up salute as you were carried from the field was the highlight of the afternoon.