Yahoo has recently launched its new app designed for cricket fans. The app offers live scores, match commentary and statistics and makes watching cricket even more exciting.
Cricket is undoubtedly the biggest sport in India and has a cult-like following. The sport has around 1 billion fans worldwide, but Indians account for 90% of the total fanbase. Cricket tournaments are similar to festivals in which the entire country watches and gets involved in heated discussions, debates, commiserations and celebrations. Companies like Reliance Jio and Disney+ Hotstar have made it much easier for cricket fans to watch in recent years, with live broadcasts now available to watch through TV and mobile devices. On top of this, Yahoo has now released an app in India that appears to be a one-stop-shop for all cricket enthusiasts in the country.
Mobile use in India is extremely high, with the majority of internet users in the country making use of a phone or tablet to get online and browse the web. This is largely due to the low costs of mobile data in the country, and as a result, most Indians use their smartphone for everything from playing games at an online casino to watching live cricket broadcasts.
Yahoo’s cricket app is available to download from the Google Play Store and the App Store, making it accessible for users with an Android or iOS device. The app aims to be the complete companion for cricket fans, offering pre-match statistics, live scores, ball by ball commentary, real-time stats, user polls and much more. This app has been available for some time and has millions of downloads across the two main app stores. Although the app is very popular, Yahoo decided to revamp the app and offer cricket fans a brand-new experience.
Yahoo has recently announced the relaunch of the Yahoo Cricket app, now known as the Cricket Super app. This new super app will offer the same functionality as before, with lots of new added benefits. Users will not only be able to access the latest cricket scores, analysis, and news but will also be able to interact with a community of like-minded cricket enthusiasts and take part in polls and quizzes. There are also fantasy cricket insights for those of us who play fantasy cricket leagues, helping you get one over on your friends. Yahoo has added the Match Centre to its Yahoo Cricket super app in Hindi as part of the revamp, giving more fans greater accessibility to enjoy their favourite sport.
According to Yahoo, these are the brand new features that have been added to the app:
- Live match experience like never before!
- Get the quickest score updates and commentary.
- Crank up the excitement. Know when a bowler starts his run-up. Anticipate what will happen next.
- Catch up with the significant events from the match while you were away with our unique ‘Moments You Missed’ feature.
- The fastest ball-by-ball commentary, with infographics, ‘Fan Shouts’, Tweets, stats and other engaging content, make your LIVE experience the best ever.
- You can track tournament-wise or team-wise fixtures of upcoming matches.
- Get the latest news and photo stories from the world of cricket.
- Notifications exclusively curated to send alerts for all important match events of your favourite teams.
That’s not all, however. Yahoo has revealed that it will be adding further updates in the future, making this a must-have for any Indian cricket fans. So far, Yahoo has announced that the app will have the following updates soon:
- Team and Player Profiles
- Rankings and Statistics
- Features based on your favourite teams