- New Zealand have reached their first ICC Cricket World Cup final – they are the seventh different team to make a final appearance.
- Australia have lost the toss in six of their last seven completed ODIs against New Zealand on home soil, but have won five of these seven meetings.
- The Black Caps are attempting to record their 300th ODI victory. They have lost 339 and tied six.
- Brendon McCullum has scored 308 of his 329 tournament runs in the mandatory power play, hitting 59 boundaries in the 150 balls he has faced.
- Ross Taylor has been dismissed three times by off-spinners in the tournament, more than any other player. He has also fallen once to leg-spin.
- 15 of Trent Boult’s 21 wickets in the tournament have been batsmen batting at numbers 1 – 4; this percentage of 71.4% is the highest of anyone taking at least 10 wickets.
- Michael Clarke (62.6) and Martin Guptill (61.1) have the respective third and sixth highest all-time World Cup averages, minimum 10 dismissals.
- Steve Smith’s last 12 ODI innings in Australia have produced 812 runs at an average of 81.2 and a strike rate of 96.4.
- Batsmen have failed to make contact with 27.2% of shots played off Mitchell Starc’s bowling in the tournament – the next highest play and miss percentage is Vernon Philander’s 18.4%.