By The Spotter
Quiz #13 was way back at Easter- it feels like half a year ago. The pride of Mid Canterbury, Andrew Mitchell, is the current champ. Andrew is only the second person to make a successful ‘hound defence- the first was Ryan Nixon.
Two more consecutive successes and Andrew will land a prized book of mine (but will be happy to part with it for sports quiz geekery brilliance.)
To enter put your answers in the comments below.
The entry will remain open for 2-3 days. Entries will be saved up and then posted in the comments after the deadline.
- In 2017, which netball team’s van rolled in a pretty serious accident, yet they played and won a title very shortly afterwards?
- Which iconic NZ horse race (in the North Island) for years was traditionally held at Queen’s Birthday weekend?
- Which American snow sports legend is nicknamed ‘The Flying Tomato?’
- Which NZ cricketer featured in the video for the 1986 America’s Cup support song (and number one hit here), ‘Sailing Away?’
- In the early years of TV3, which two presenters hosted their Monday evening sports show, ‘Mobil Sport?’
- Smallbone Park is a sports ground where in NZ?
- Who was former Manchester United manager Tommy Docherty speaking of around fifteen years ago when he said “If he were made of chocolate he’d lick himself.”
- At the 2004 Olympics in men’s basketball, the Tall Blacks beat which country who were the current World Champions by a score of 90-87?
- Bonus question: In 1983, which two teams played out the last 0-0 draw in NZ provincial rugby? (a hint- it happened in the South Island)