By The Spotter
It’s the Swinehound Christmas Quiz with no questions whatsoever about Christmas. But Happy Christmas though.
The defending Swinehound Shield holder is North Harbour’s Ryan Nixmas/Nixon. Will he put in an entry and attempt to become the first-ever to defend their title? We’ll wait and see…
Google is a banned. We begin with two cryptic-type ‘Guess Who’ questions. Plus a final, general question in case you feel a bit shut out of the first seven.
3 ways to submit answers: Post below in the Comments (responses will be saved until deadline), Tweet to this site, or DM my Twitter- yep, I have an account (@pm_spotter)- it’s got zero tweets as well.
The correct answers and confirmed winner will be posted by the time the Boxing Day test starts
- (Name this NZ sports person): ‘Lay out the Welcome…..’; Not a rooster, but a …….; The short form of ‘regarding’.
- (Name this NZ sports person): Same usage in sentences as ‘therefore’; What you pay if you want to join something; Can put before the word ‘intervention’- has a spiritual connotation.
- Three members of the ‘Batty’ family- namely Jack, John and Jason are the only three-generational family clan to have achieved what feat in New Zealand football history?
- One term can be for a young cat, the second for a suit in a deck of playing cards. They are both variations of a word for the white-coloured target in which sport?
- It’s too late of course, but on which date is the Melbourne Cup always run?
- ‘Shinty’ is a sport native to Scotland. it is very similar in nature to which other stick sport?
- In past times of International Rugby League, what number did the hooker wear? (*no bonus points for sordid jokes here, either)
- What does a ‘spermologist’ collect?